Thermal forming the Acrylic shell and robot method
Watch the YouTube video here. Go forward to minute/second 3:07.
Bullfrog Spas Design
- How does Bullfrog do this? JETPAKS (interchangeable & removable back jet massagers that sit in the water).
- 90% less plumbing. LESS PLUMBING = MORE POWERFUL JETS
- LESS HOLES drilled in shell = STRONGER shell
- Far fewer glue joints = less chances of a leak
- No diverter valves. ALL jets work at the same time.
- Customize your massage experience and put the JetPaks in the seats you love most. (deep tissue, soft/soothing, kneading, firm pressure).
- 23 JetPaks in all.
- Direct heat transfer into water
- SAVES more money on your ELECTRICAL bill
- Easy to service. FAR LESS MONEY TO REPAIR
A & R Series
Sport X Series
Next is the Base & Structure
- 100% wood free construction (NO rotting)
- Precision injection molded plastic base and supports (greatly helps to prevent cracks and lasts much longer)
- 100% accurate, 100% of the time
- No expansion or contraction issues
- Rodent resistant, thick ABS base (no animal nesting = no plumbing or electrical damage)
- Built in electrical chase ways in base (easy installation)
- Support columns under each seat / foot well (no flexing, no cracks)
Bullfrog Spas Insulation Step
- Bullfrog uses R-45 insulation to help achieve the lowest energy usage in the industry according to the CEC (California Energy Commission)
- 90% less plumbing with JetPak technology means that only a small percentage of the plumbing is sealed in the insulation
Traditional fiberglass support method
Watch the YouTube video here. Go forward to minute/second 5:50.
ALL Other Brands of Spas
ALL other hot tubs are designed like the picture above and this caused expensive repairs and shortness of spa ownership.
90% MORE plumbing(all in the foamed in cabinet) causing excess friction, less powerful massage, less energy efficient
- Each jet has to have a hole drilled through the shell. Then sealed on both sides to prevent leaks. All these holes can structurally weaken the shell and cause cracks and leaks.
- Each jet has 5 potential points for a plumbing leak(jet to shell, 2 plumbing to jet body, plumbing to manifold)
- Jets cannot be moved into other seats or locations
- Diverter valves added. Cuts off water to whole seats
- ALL plumbing is sealed in foam (see video below)
- VERY DIFFICULT to find a LEAK so it’s very EXPENSIVE to repair
- All the plumbing directly HEATS the CABINET instead of the water
Traditional Built Hot Tubs
(Upside down view)
- Wood 2×2, 2×3 or 2×4 construction (hand cut with chop saw, stapled together)
- Wood expands and contracts (causes cracked shells)
- Wood pieces are not cut to accurate lengths all the time, causing structural weaknesses.
- Wood touches the ground and rots out over time. Weakens the frame and causes the shell to crack and water to leak out
- No ABS base= rodent infestation, damaged plumbing/electrical, water intrusion & rot
Traditional Spray in Insulation Process
- This design ends up costing you much more in repairs and eventually forces you to have to buy a new hot tub in HALF the time than if you would have purchased a properly designed spa like a Bullfrog Spa.